Playground equipment-8 Easy Playground Etiquette Rules

Playground equipment-8 Easy Playground Etiquette Rules



I have found some of my most awkward moments in dealing with other people’s children and parenting techniques have occurred on the playground. I have never seen a playground etiquette handbook, but it sure would come in handy.
In our BabyCenter Community in the Bargain Hunters group, masmus1008 asked a playground etiquette question about what to do when another child hits. Do you discipline or ignore?
I thought I’d put together a short list of rules to live by for parent and child playground etiquette, maybe we can all agree to live by the rules and avoid awkward moments.

1. Do not let your child climb up the slides. My kids LOVE to climb up the slides, but if anyone else is at the playground, they have a “up the ladder, down the slide” rule. If you ignore this rule there is inevitably the mid-slide collision between the climb-upper and the slide-downer. It’s never pretty.
2. Teach your big kids watch out for little kids. I have ventured into “big kid” territory with my oldest two. They know to watch out for the little kids. It’s fine to leap from tall buildings, but you better watch out and make sure there are no toddlers beneath you.
3. Teach them to watch out for the swings. The swinging child can’t control momentum so the walking child has to learn not to walk near the swings.
4. Don’t let your kids throw mulch. Why is this so tempting? Believe me, I have spent an insane amount of time teaching the no throwing mulch rule. And all it takes is one mulch thrower and all the other kids can’t resist, it quickly turns into a mulch tossing free-for-all.
5. No touching anyone else. Simple one. If your child is a hitter (and believe me, I know how hard it is when they go through a hitting phase) watch them!
6. Apologies are important. Stuff happens and when it does teach your child to apologize.
7. Don’t let your kids drop food all over the place. Food allergies are one reason, but also it’s just gross to step on an ant covered chip two days later or yank a soggy cookie from who knows where out of your kid’s hand. Icky.
8. Keep an eye out. None of us need to be helicopter parents. If you’ve put in your time and you’re in the “sitting on the bench” phase of park going, more power to you. But make sure your kid isn’t terrorizing other kids by guarding the slide or pushing or hitting, etc.

I’m sure I missed a bunch. What would you add to the list of “park etiquette” rules to live by?

评论

此博客中的热门博文

The meaning of Outdoor fitness equipment

the placement of playground equipment need to pay attention

Playground equipment is the children best first teacher